Advertising on TikTok

Digital marketing and social media marketing has changed how businesses market and advertise their products and services. For a long time, platforms such as Facebook and Instagram have proved to be the most effective for social media marketing, but TikTok is giving them a good run for their money. Since its inception in 2018, TikTok has had tremendous growth with over 1.5 billion downloads</a> and more than 500 million active monthly users. It has also evolved from a video-creation app for users who want to express their creativity to a marketing and advertising haven. In today’s blog post, we’ll be looking at why you should use TikTok advertising for your business and the four types of content you need to promote your brand.

Highly targeted audiences

It’s no secret that most TikTok users are GenZ’s between the ages of 16 and 24. They account for 41% of all TikTok users, and the remaining 59% is comprised of users from the millennial, GenX, and baby boomers generations. These demographics are further broken down into countless other groups based on user interests. This, therefore, allows you to reach a highly targeted audience who are genuinely interested in your products or services.

Increased brand exposure

TikTok is the only platform that allows content to go viral. A video can go from zero views to thousands and even millions in a few hours. This is because TikTok users are not limited to the content of the users they follow. Instead, the app continuously provides opportunities for them to discover new content that they might enjoy. As a business advertising on TikTok, participating in trends and challenges increases the relevance of your video and the likelihood of it appearing on people’s feeds.

It is great for influencer marketing

Influencer marketing is extremely popular on TikTok because influencers have a huge following and highly engaged audiences. It is also easy for them to build trust with their followers, which is very important when promoting products online. Collaborating with popular influencers can quickly increase your brand awareness and increase your sales.

Four types of content you need to get started on TikTok

1. Your own content

Whether your brand is famous or not, the top type of content you should be sharing is what you and your team have created. To create a likeable TikTok video, here are some components that you must incorporate.

• Authenticity: Most TikTok users use their phones and natural lighting to film their videos. Taking the same approach with your content will help users relate to you, therefore building trust.
• Faces: Users want to watch people and not objects.
• Magic ingredients: Given that the majority of TikTok users are teens and young adults, incorporating crowd-pleasing elements such as animals and children will help appeal to them.
• Challenges: TikTok users love a good challenge and will join in every chance they get. Try coming up with a challenge of your own and participate in any trending challenges in your niche.

2. User-generated content

As you create and share content with your followers, it is very likely that your audience will interact with you. They might recreate your videos, record responses to your videos, create duets, or use your products in a video. All these are excellent opportunities to engage with your audience and share additional content to your account.

3. Advertisements

TikTok launched their new advertising platform, TikTok For Business, mid last year, and this will serve as a marketing hub for business accounts. It has five different types of ads, including:

• Top feed
• Infeed videos
• Brand takeovers
• Branded effects
• Sponsored hashtag challenges

4. Influencer-created content

Like YouTube, Instagram and Facebook, you can use influencer marketing to expand your reach on TikTok. When picking influencers to work with, ensure that they have a large following and a highly engaged audience. These people should also be active in your industry and must have worked with similar brands to yours.

If you need help creating a social media marketing strategy for your business, get in touch with us today to speak to our team of experts. We offer consultancy services, and social media training and safeguarding to help you achieve your marketing goals.